Are You a Therapist Who:
- Resonates with the title and message of one or more of our Projects? (See listing of all our Projects here)
- Is willing, able, & open to working on a caring cooperative team where you’ll be challenged, supported, and held accountable to be & do your best and where you’ll be expected to challenge, support, and hold your team mates accountable to be and do their best?
- Is excited about the prospect of translating credible scientific research about us humans in ways that can help individuals be more functional/effective/successful in all aspects of their daily lives?
- Wants to teach and speak and reach/impact wider audience — wants to help “Educate the Culture” about the basic principles of one or more of our Projects
The Benefits of Being on an LGIBooks Project Team:
- Working on a real, committed, interdependent team — with both the joys and the challenges.
- Teaching “mental, emotional, behavioral” SKILLS from a learning/skill-building orientation, rather than from an illness, “need-to-be-healed” perspective.
- Working on the LGIBooks team WILL improve your therapy “team skills” and all your other relationship “team skills.”
- Helping to build a business that would add support to the success of your therapy business and would be a viable long-term business/income source in its own right.
- Submit your resume showing your education and work experience; if you don’t have a recent resume, no need to re-do/update it formally. Just adding an informal addendum will be fine.
- Write a letter or essay (or record a video or audio) about your values and goals and commitment as a therapist; about your experiences and learning as a therapist, positive and negative; and why you’re interested in helping to “Educate the Culture.”
- Write a few paragraphs (or record a video or audio) about how you resonate with any one of the current LGIBooks projects; what particularly interests you about it; what questions you have; why you might want to learn and teach about the research-based principles of this project.
- If you have any speaking or group-teaching experience, please include a summary if not already included in your resume. If you have a video or audio of any speaking event, please share that with us if you are able to. Prior speaking and teaching experience is a preference, but it is not a requirement.
Interview & Audition Process:
- If we accept your application, we’ll ask you to sign a non-disclosure agreement, and then we’ll schedule an introductory meeting (online or in person) to discuss our unique team production process, including the nature of the commitment to the project, and to discuss you doing an Audition for being on our team.
- The main purpose of this introductory meeting will be to help you be clear about the benefits and challenges to working with LGIBooks and for you to decide if (given your therapy work and your other life commitments and goals) you want to devote quality time and effort to trying-out for our team.
- If you decide to do an Audition, we’ll provide you with the current working outline of the project, at least five audios developing/exploring the project, and recommendations for you look at least two research articles or chapters.
- Suggested audition format: (1) Write a candid, honest response/evaluation to the working outline: what you like about it; what works; what you don’t like; what you don’t understand; what more you want to know just from the outline; what you’d want to change; how it could be improved ; and (2) Focus on one specific aspect of the outline or audios and either (a) prepare a lesson to teach this “topic” to me (in person or via Skype or via video); or (b) interview one or more researchers about this specific topic (in person or via some online service) with a recording of the interview(s) and then discuss the interview with me.
- The goal of your audition is for both of us to evaluate our ability to collaborate and co-create written content, effectively and enjoyably. In addition to the outline and audios, you’ll have the opportunity to interview Tom at any point for up to 90 minutes.
- We think the possibility of working with us on the development of one of our projects (and possible future projects) is a valuable enough opportunity for you to do our audition-process for free or at reduced rate.
If, however, you have a high-profile, successful therapy practice, don’t hesitate to ask for a reasonable consulting fee for this audition piece, if you would otherwise not apply.
Likewise, if you are currently unemployed or under-employed, don’t hesitate to ask for a stipend for your time and effort at doing an audition for us.